Are you looking for the affordable dental implants Brisbane has been offering? If you are looking for better options around the Queensland capital, then you are in the right place. Below would be a quick guide for you to find dental implant procedures that are affordable yet superior in quality.
How much does this typically cost?
The cost might vary depending on a variety of factors such as the number of teeth to be replaced and whether there is a need for additional treatment. Sinus lifts and bone grafting may add cost to your dental implants. Otherwise called fixture or endosseous implant, affordable dental implants Brisbane has been preferring is around $3,000 to $4,500 for each tooth.
As a matter of fact, it has been stated in a national dental fee survey conducted in 2017 that costs in Australia can go up to $5,563 for every tooth replaced. And when you require bone grafting or sinus lift, a single implant may even cost up to about $11,500.
Why get fixtures or endosseous implants?
Are you thinking about getting dentures or false teeth options? This might cost less. However, tooth implants such as upper teeth implants are better for the following reasons:
- Prevents the loss of bone density
- Is sturdier than dentures or tooth bridges and therefore, lasts longer
- Appears as natural as real teeth
- Has no restriction in age requirement and eligibility
- Improves self-esteem and appearance
How do tooth implants work?
The treatment for affordable dental implants Brisbane has been preferring can last for more than 3 or 6 months depending on the severity of the case. Also, this usually follows a three-step procedure.
- Any damaged tooth is extracted and an implant is placed into the jawbone. Afterwards, a screw is put in to stop debris from going inside. The initial step is usually the longest as it takes around 3 to 6 months for the implantations to fuse with the jawbone.
- After the prescribed period, the dentist can now uncover the implant and attach an extension called a post. Both post and implant will now act as a foundation for the new implanted tooth after the gums have healed.
- Lastly, a crown is made depending on the shape, colour, and size of your natural teeth. Once done, this is attached to the implanted post.
Can one get coverage for dental implant costs?
For you to have your dental implant costs covered, health insurance providers usually require additional cover policies including general dental check-ups or small fillings. However, most do not cover costs for major procedures such as root canal treatments and dental fixtures.
However, dental clinics such as FIX Dental offer affordably low capped prices for numerous dental treatments. Moreover, some clinics offer membership benefits such as braces payment plans and savings of up to 20 per cent on all services.
To be a candidate for a dental implant, make sure that you are clear of gum diseases such as periodontitis. Furthermore, smoking is highly discouraged before starting this procedure. For other interest free dental payment plans, discuss this with your chosen dental health care provider.